Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The China Syndrome

I mentioned in a previous post the late supply of some panniers from China. Well they turned up the other day, much to my surprize!

To start off the quality of these boxes is rubbish!! Plain and simple! The shell is ok, it's just the way everything is put together. Mis-aligned latches, different size rivets. Paint, not powder coat, etc etc etc.

So, if you are in the market for panniers, then forget these guys. Pay the extra and get yourself some quality.

I did fit the panniers today and they look "ok" but I'm dubious about how long they will last. Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. I've had my Capanord for a couple years, finally getting ready to do a couple mods. How is your bike coming along.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to leave a message, please feel free.