Thursday, September 15, 2011

Time To Get The Looks Right

The standard fairing on the Caponord is rather polarising. Some love it, some loathe it. I was teetering towards loathing it. The later 04 - 08 model was more my cup of tea. The cost of repalcement Aprilia parts would make the job prohibitive, so I had to go hunting.

The first thing that assisted the transformation was a sub-frame that was on Ebay. It was the right price and local, so i jumped at it.
The remaining panels I was able to source from here and there and all up it cost less than $120. The only issue was they panels were all different colors. The local spray painter came to the rescue and now the Capo looks a treat. While I was there, I also decided to paint the "battleship" grey front guard. Now the Capo looks like a factory special.

1 comment:

  1. Bought one myself this autumn, a 2001 with only 440 km on the meter. Red and in mint condition.

    Looking forward to summer 2013 :)

    /The Swede

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to leave a message, please feel free.